Even if we have a strong sense of our personal brand and how to project it, we will always come up against those sneaky (or not so sneaky) life derailers: the break-ups, the difficult job interviews, those awkward conversations, the lockdowns…
It’s exactly at these times that our personal brand can act as a guide to lead us through. Moreover, sometimes the fall-out from a traumatic or difficult situation may even teach us something about our brands of which we were previously unaware.
Here I have gathered my top ten articles on personal branding obstacles, and how to turn to your brand to help navigate them:
1) How to build resilience into your personal brand:
2) Sidestepping the trap of perfectionism:
3) Dealing with those difficult people:
4) Personal branding for online dating – a challenge if ever there was one:
5) Coping with anxiety and professional speaking:
6) How to get others on board with big changes:
7) Reinventing your brand:
8) Using envy to motivate and inspire you, rather than drag you down:
9) Getting through heartbreak:
10) Last but not least, how to prevent everyday stress from hijacking your brand:
Of course, there are lots of life obstacles out there that didn’t make this list, but I hope this selection will give you an idea of how to prevent them from sabotaging your personal brand, even just a bit!