You asked, we are listening! Here’s the first answer to your questions in our new FAQ section.
Q: “How do I know if I need Personal Branding?”
A: Everyone has a personal brand, even if they are not aware of it. As you may have read before, it’s what people say about you when you’re not in the room. However, there are some clues that your personal brand might need a little loving attention. Here are some indicators that suggest your personal brand could do with some development.
You may want to consider personal branding work if:
* You are looking to stand out and differentiate yourself in your industry (or life in general).
* You dread (or flounder at) the question “so what do you do?”.
* You’re not sure you are effectively communicating who you really are. This could be at work but equally if you are online dating and other social situations.
* The people that matter don’t know who you are and what you do (this includes your online presence!).
* You want to put yourself out there in a certain way to advance in your industry.
* You are struggling to make meaningful connections with people (e.g., your target audience).
* It feels like there’s too much of a discrepancy between “who you are” and what you do. They just don’t fit well together.
* You feel you have difficulties being heard, noticed or understood.
* You’re not sure your reputation is reflective of who you really are.
* You don’t actually know what people are saying or thinking about you…or at least have a good idea.
* Part of you feels like it is being stifled or needs to be developed. Another side of you may be yearning to come out, but you’re not sure what it is or how that’s going to happen (or both!).
* You are already making a name for yourself but want to take things to “the next level”.
If any of the above resonate, you can always spend some time on our site for personal branding tips and advice. And if you feel you need a little help, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!